Saturday, November 7, 2020

Having fun

Had a long, good day yesterday. Got up, walked the dog, blogged. Worked almost 11 hours and stayed positive throughout. Came home, watched an episode of "The Cabin with Bert Kreischer," and went to bed after reading three pages of John Scalzi's, "The Human Division."

This morning, I got up, walked the dog, and worked on the outline for the novel. I'm up to the final part of the second act, and have a good idea of how the final act will flow. I have had a good idea of the ending since before I started working on the outline, and while it might change on my way there, it won't deviate too much as far as I can see.

I'm enjoying the outline process. It's just fun. I am starting to get impatient to begin the actual writing, though, and I think that's a good thing. Establishing anticipation rather than dread can only be a positive force in writing the novel, right? 

I can tell the whole schedule adjustment is coming together as well, because despite only having a half hour to relax yesterday before conking out, I woke up feeling refreshed, positive, and excited to start my day. I'm even looking forward to work.

I've been doing a bit of research as well, mostly on finance and entrepreneurship, and I'm enjoying educating myself on a part of my life I've long neglected. Like most people, my vision of my finances was work for a paycheck, pay bills, try to save, try to max out the 401k, pay the bills, and keep the credit card debt to a manageable level. I'm starting to see that there's a better way to live, and I'm excited about the possibilities.

When I left my long-standing bank job and the security I thought it gave me to become a full-time gig worker, I did so because I wanted to have less stress and more freedom. I thought I was just changing the way I made money. I couldn't have been more wrong. In reality, that was the start of me freeing my mind from the constraints of working for others and the beginning of me learning the value of following your passions and working for yourself.

That's another blog, though. Probably several. For now, let's just say that I'm excited, having fun, and looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time.

Hope you have a great day!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment